The Council for Quality and Environment (CQE) is an economic enterprise founded by the Turkish Cement Manufacturers'™ Association (TürkÇimento) in 1996 to perform quality control and environmental measurement services within an impartial platform.
CQE consists of members appointed by the following institutions:
- The Ministry of Environment and Urbanization
- The Ministry of Industry and Technology
- The Ministry of Trade
- The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey
- Istanbul Technical University
- Middle East Technical University
- Marmara University
- Construction Products Producers Federation
- Turkish Cement Manufacturers'™ Association
- Turkish Pre-cast Concrete Association
- Turkish Contractors™ Association
- Concrete and Mortar Admixtures Manufacturers™ Association
- Union of Chambers of Turkish Engineers and Architects
- General Directorate for Consumer Protection and Market Surveillance
Since 1996, CQE provides services in the fields of quality and environment for construction sector. Under the scope of CE Marking, CQE is appointed by European Commission as a notified body with an identification number 1784 on 20th Nov 2006.
CQE is accredited according to EN ISO/IEC 17065 for product certification, EN ISO/ IEC 17021 for system certification, EN ISO/ IEC 17025 for environmental activities as well as EN ISO 14065 for verification and validation of greenhouse gases by Turkish Accreditation Agency (TURKAK).
System Certification Services
CQE, having a wide experience in product certification, factory production control (FPC) certification and environmental measurement services, provides system certification services in order to meet the need of the construction sector and help the improvement of the sector.
According to customer needs, CQE serves single system certification or integrated system certification by itsâ€™ expert staff.
System certification activities of CQE are:
- Quality Management System (EN ISO 9001)
- Environmental Management System (EN ISO 14001)
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSAS 18001)
- Information Security Management System (ISO/ IEC 27001)
- Energy Management System (EN ISO 50001)
- Accreditation Certificate No:AB-0037-YS given by Turkish Accreditation Agency (TURKAK)
Product and Factory Production Control Certification Services
For the products in the scope of CQE, initial type-testing, conformity assessment, initial inspection of factory production control and continuous surveillance are performed with highly experienced staff.
- Accreditation Certificates No: AB-0001-U given by Turkish Accreditation Agency (TURKAK)
Services of CQE under the Scope of CE mark:
- â€œCementsâ€ (EN 197-1, EN 413-1, EN 14216, EN 14647, EN 15743)
- "Sulphate Resisting Cement" (EN 197-1)
- "Fly Ash for Concrete" (EN 450-1)
- â€œGround granulated blast furnace slag for use in concrete, mortar and groutâ€ (EN 15167-1)
- "Building Lime" (EN 459-1)
- â€˜â€™Aggregatesâ€™â€™ (EN 12620, EN 13139, EN 13055-1, EN 13242, EN 13043, EN 13383-1, EN 13450)
- â€œAdmixtures for concrete, mortar and groutâ€™â€™ (EN 934-2, EN 934-3, EN 934-4)
Services of CQE under the Scope of G mark:
- " White Portland Cement " (TS 21)
- "Concrete" (EN 206/ TS 13515)
- â€œSteel for the reinforcement of concrete - Reinforcing steelâ€ (TS 708)
- â€œSteel Mesh for Concreteâ€ (TS 4559)
Being one of the notified bodies in Turkey, CQE aims to extend its scope according to customer needs.